Music Education Forum of Singapore
Forum Home Forum Home > Piano Forum > Piano Hub
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Easy piano songs for kids to play

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Easy piano songs for kids to play
    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:23pm

Mary Had a Little Lamb

This is often one of the first piano songs for kids that instructors will teach new students. The song has additional verses about the adventures Mary and her lamb have, to keep the fun going while you sing and play together. Check out the verses and the notes below them.

Mary had a little lamb
E D C D E E E
Little lamb, little lamb
D D D E G G
Mary had a little lamb
E D C D E E E
Its fleece was white as snow
E D D E D C

Alice View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:24pm

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

Any beginner will love playing this children’s classic on the piano. One of the great things about this song is that almost every note is played twice in a row, meaning there are fewer notes for your child to locate.

Twinkle, twinkle, little star
C C G G A A G
How I wonder what you are
F F E E D D C
Up above the world so high
G G F F E E D
Like a diamond in the sky
G G F F E E D
Twinkle, twinkle, little star
C C G G A A G
How I wonder what you are
F F E E D D C

luluchin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luluchin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:30pm
It's really helpful. People can teach their children even they have been ZERO in music.
It will be perfect if you can provide simple lessons to play “Old MacDonald Had a Farm”

Edited by luluchin - 17 Oct 2018 at 3:32pm
Alice View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:36pm
Yes. "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" is very popular to Singapore kids as well, they love playing over and over again so they can sing about every animal on the farm.

Old MacDonald had a farm
G G G D E E D
E-i-e-i-o
B B A A G
And on that farm he had a cow
D G G G D E E D
E-i-e-i-o
B B A A G
With a moo moo here and a moo moo there
D D G G G D D G G G
Here a moo, there a moo
G G G G G G
Everywhere a moo moo
G G G G G G
Old MacDonald had a farm
G G G D E E D
E-i-e-i-o
B B A A G

Edited by Alice - 17 Oct 2018 at 3:37pm
Jessyyio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessyyio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 8:55am
Easy and popular songs that sound really good on piano. It is the shortcut for a successful learning: staying motivated because you can play easy piano songs quickly. Good piano teachers start teaching easy piano lessons for beginners and easy songs to play on piano.
lovepiano23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovepiano23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 11:59am

In my early years of piano playing, I spent most of my time playing scales, reading sheet music, and practising some practical pieces… I had to see the notes on the sheet music while I was looking at the keyboard, it seems impossible to me at the beginning of learning piano. Not these big beautiful pieces like Mozarts Moonlight Sonate or your favourite movie theme. Learning piano could definitely be more fun, better to find some popular pieces which makes practice efficient and fun.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic